Cleveland Browns Faceoff on the Lake 50/50 RAFFLE
The Faceoff on the Lake 50/50 Raffle (the "Raffle") is a fundraiser conducted jointly by the Cleveland Browns Foundation and the Columbus Crew Foundation, each a 501(c)(3) charitable organization (collectively, the “Foundation” or “Sponsor”). Raffle is conducted during the Cleveland Browns offseason in connection with the Faceoff on the Lake college hockey game to be played at FirstEnergy Stadium on February 18, 2023 (the “Game”), and specifically during the Raffle Period (defined below) via the electronic methods described herein and potentially at select official event(s) during the Raffle Period in connection with the Game (each, an "Event").
- RAFFLE PERIOD: Raffle Tickets will be sold during the time period beginning February 2, 2023 and continuing until February 18, 2023. (the “Raffle Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Raffle is open to all individuals eighteen (18) years of age or older are located within the Raffle Purchase Area during the Raffle Period and who have not won a Cleveland Browns 50/50 Raffle in the last 365 days. The “Raffle Purchase Area” is defined as the state of Ohio minus a seventy-five (75) mile radius from corporate city limits of Cincinnati, Ohio. Employees and volunteers of Released Parties (defined below) and each of their immediate families and household members are not eligible to enter or win. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- ENTRY: In order to purchase a Raffle Ticket, take any of the following actions during the Raffle Period: (i) go to Browns5050.com and follow the instructions to purchase the desired quantity of Raffle Ticket(s); or (ii) open the official Cleveland Browns mobile application (the “Browns App”), go to the Tickets tab and then go to the 50/50 Raffle tile or go to Browns5050.com to purchase the desired quantity of Raffle Ticket(s). To the extent, Raffle Tickets are sold in person at Events, Raffle Tickets may also be purchased from uniformed sellers and at the designated kiosks in the concourses of or otherwise around FirstEnergy Stadium (the “Stadium”). Each Raffle Ticket purchased will be considered one (1) entry into the Raffle. The running total from Raffle Ticket sales will be updated on Browns5050.com and/or periodically updated on the Browns Twitter account, and may also be displayed or announced during Events. A Participant may purchase as many Raffle Tickets as s/he wishes. All Raffle Ticket purchases must be made during the applicable Raffle Period. All purchases of Raffle Ticket(s) are printed and entered into a drum for a manual drawing of the winning ticket. None of the Released Parties (defined below) are liable for any lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undelivered, or destroyed Raffle Tickets regardless of cause or the person responsible, including, but not limited to, any problem or technical malfunction of any computer, online system or server or other technical problem. No refunds will be made except as otherwise determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
PRICING: The pricing for the Raffle Tickets may vary based upon the quantity of Raffle Tickets purchased and will be communicated at the time of purchase and in the Raffle promotions. The pricing and purchase options made available during the Raffle shall be uniformly applied and will not vary by seller, purchase method (i.e., from a seller or on a mobile device) or purchaser. For the Raffle, Raffle Ticket pricing will be as follows:
- Five (5) Raffle Tickets for $10.00;
- Twenty-Five (25) Raffle Tickets for $25.00;
- One-Hundred (100) Raffle Tickets for $50.00;
- Two-Hundred-Fifty (250) Raffle Tickets for $100.00.
- WINNER SELECTION: After the conclusion of the Raffle Period, the winning Raffle Ticket number to receive the Grand Prize (the “Winning Number”) will be selected at random from among all eligible Raffle Tickets purchased during the Raffle Period. The Winning Number will be selected at a specific time and date to be determined by Sponsor anticipated to be at the end of the second intermission during the Faceoff on the Lake event on February 18, 2023. All drawings will be conducted by Sponsor , and all Sponsor decisions are final and binding.
- WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: Shortly after the selection of the Winning Number, the Winning Number will be posted on Twitter from the @SITG_Network and @FEStadium account and on com for a minimum of thirty (30) days following the Event.
- GRAND PRIZE: For each Event, the Participant that purchased the Raffle Ticket with the corresponding Winning Number will receive fifty percent (50%) of the net proceeds of the Raffle (the "Grand Prize"). (The net proceeds are those total monies collected from Raffle Ticket sales for the Raffle Period minus any expenses incurred in the operation of the Raffle.)
- CLAIMING A PRIZE: To claim the Prize, the Prize Claimant must notify Sponsor within thirty (30) days of the announcement of the winning number by calling 440-891-5142 or by emailing 5050Raffle@clevelandbrowns.com and following the instructions given. The valid and authentic winning Raffle Ticket (the “Winning Ticket”), government-issued photo identification and/or similar documentation may be required to redeem the Grand Prize. The Prize Claimant may be required to show proof of purchase of the Winning Ticket. The Winning Ticket is the only valid receipt for claiming the Grand Prize. Each Prize Claimant must provide Sponsor with all information required to claim the Prize (including tax identification information). The Prize Claimant will receive an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability/Publicity Release ("Affidavit") in the form approved by Sponsor which must be executed and returned to Sponsor prior to receipt of the Prize. In the event a Prize Claimant: (a) does not notify Sponsor within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of the applicable Raffle Period; (b) is ruled ineligible; (c) refuses the Grand Prize; (d) does not return an executed Affidavit; or (e) has won the Cleveland Browns 50/50 Raffle in the past 365 days, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and will be retained by Sponsor. Sponsor has no obligation to contact Prize Claimant or any potential winners. The Grand Prize will be delivered via check within thirty (30) days of the Prize Claimant delivering the winning Raffle Ticket, executed Affidavit, and all other required documents to Sponsor. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the Grand Prize winner. Unclaimed winnings will be retained by Sponsor. The individual that purchased the Raffle Ticket with the corresponding Winning Number (the “Prize Claimant”) need not be present at the time of the drawing to win.
- ODDS: Odds of winning are based on the total number of Raffle Tickets purchased during the Raffle Period.
- TAXES: Each Participant acknowledges that they have been informed that the IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of a Raffle Ticket does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, fees and other government assessments on the awarded Grand Prize. Furthermore, the Grand Prize winner acknowledges that federal law requires that a tax withholding on certain prize values must be collected from winners upon award or distribution. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time the Grand Prize is claimed will be followed. Winner of the Grand Prize may receive from Sponsor a W-2G form or such other form(s) as required by applicable law. Taxes will be withheld in accordance with IRS and State of Ohio guidelines.
- TRANSFER OF RAFFLE TICKET: Raffle Tickets may not be resold or transferred to any other party or copied or otherwise duplicated. Any Raffle Ticket which has been resold, transferred, copied or otherwise duplicated shall be void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, duplicate, or receive a Raffle Ticket in violation of these Official Rules shall be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win a Prize, and may be deemed ineligible to participate in future Raffles.
- PARTICIPANT'S GRANT OF LICENSE: By participating in the Raffle or accepting the Grand Prize, each Participant hereby irrevocably and perpetually grants to Sponsor and its designees a worldwide license to use, publish, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute and publicly display any images or likenesses of the Participant (collectively, the "Images"), in any form, media or content which now or hereafter exists, for advertising, promotional or any other commercial purposes as well as non-commercial purposes. Each Participant waives any compensation for any use of such Images. Each Participant hereby releases and waives any claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities and causes of action arising from Sponsor’s, or its designee's, uses of the Images, including, without limitation, any claims for defamation, libel, invasion of privacy, publicity, personality, or exploitation of the Participant's name or likeness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY: By participating in the Raffle, the Participant, on Participant's behalf and on behalf of the Participant's spouse, assigns, guardians, administrators, executors and legal representatives, hereby releases, waives, discharges, covenants not to sue, and indemnifies each Sponsor, the Cleveland State University Foundation, the Cleveland Browns Foundation, the Columbus Crew Foundation, all entities affiliated with the Cleveland Browns or the Columbus Crew, Bump Worldwide Inc., the National Football League and its member professional football clubs, Major Soccer and its member professional soccer clubs, together with each of their respective past, present or future predecessors; successors, assigns, direct or indirect subsidiaries, affiliates, related entities and persons, owners, and each of their respective shareholders, members, partners, trustees, directors, principals, managers, employees, volunteers, agents, consultants, contractors (including the Sponsor’s service provider for the Raffle, Bump Worldwide Inc.), representatives, sponsors, and insurers (all of the above, the “Released Parties”, collectively) from any claim or loss arising out of or related to the Participant's participation in the Raffle, acceptance of the Prize, or any exercise by Sponsor of any of its rights set forth herein or the Official Rules of the Raffle, including, but not limited to, any claims related to (i) any injury to the Participant or the Participant's property that occurs in connection with participation in the Raffle, receiving the Prize, or any related activities, (ii) any failure to report and pay any income taxes arising from acceptance of the Prize, (iii) any lost, stolen or duplicated Raffle Ticket, (iv) the use of any of the systems or technologies in conducting the Raffle, and (v) the Participant's acts or the acts of any other party with respect to the Participant's receipt of the Prize or participation in the Raffle, regardless of whether any such claims are caused in whole or in part by the negligence of any entity or person released hereunder.
- DISQUALIFICATION; CHANGES: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that (i) tampers or attempts to tamper or unduly interfere with the operation or integrity of the Raffle, (ii) resells, transfers, copies or otherwise duplicates a Raffle Ticket, (iii) violates the Official Rules, or (iv) acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Raffle or these Official Rules or disqualify any individual or Raffle Ticket for purposes of protecting the integrity of the Raffle or addressing changes in business operations or other circumstances, to the extent allowed under applicable law. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, APPLICATION, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGY OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE IS A VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND POTENTIALLY OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND PURSUE ANY OTHER REMEDIES THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE.