Cleveland Browns 50/50 RAFFLE
The Cleveland Browns 50/50 Raffle (the "Raffle") is a fundraiser conducted by the Cleveland Browns Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, (the “Foundation” or “Sponsor”), in partnership with Shoes and Clothes for Kids, Inc. (“Shoes and Clothes for Kids”) and the Get 2 School, Stay in the Game! Shoes and Clothes for Kids is a 501(c)(3) organization that purchases and distributes new school clothing, shoes and school supplies to local kids in poverty (go to www.sc4k.org for more information). Get 2 School, Stay in the Game! is a state-level network designed to raise awareness surrounding chronic absenteeism and help Ohio families, schools and communities make attendance a priority (go to www.Get2School.org for more information). The Raffle is conducted at select official Cleveland Browns events, including select Cleveland Browns home games (each an "Event"), as determined by Sponsor.
- RAFFLE PERIOD: Raffle Tickets will be sold beginning up to three (3) hours before the Event’s start time and will end at a predetermined time prior to the conclusion of the Event (each a "Raffle Period"). If the Event is a Cleveland Browns home football game, the Raffle Period will conclude at approximately the end of the 3rd quarter.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Raffle is open to all individuals eighteen (18) years of age or older in attendance at the Event and who have not won the Cleveland Browns 50/50 Raffle in the last 365 days. Employees, independent contractors or volunteers of Sponsor, Cleveland Browns Football Company LLC (the "Club"), Shoes and Clothes for Kids, Get 2 School, Stay in the Game!, Bump Worldwide Inc., the National Football League or any of its member professional football clubs, or any of their direct or indirect parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising/promotional agencies, and the immediate families and household members of each of the above, are not eligible to enter or win. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- ENTRY: For an Event that is a Cleveland Browns home game, Raffle Tickets may be purchased at FirstEnergy Stadium (the “Stadium”) and in certain designated areas surrounding the Stadium and in downtown Cleveland beginning up to three (3) hours prior to kick-off and through approximately the end of the third quarter. Raffle Tickets may be purchased (a) via the official Cleveland Browns mobile application (the “Browns App”), (b) from uniformed sellers in the Stadium (or, if applicable, such other venue where the Event is held) and in Designated Areas surrounding the Stadium (or, if applicable, such other venue), and (c) at the designated kiosks in the concourses of the Stadium (or, if applicable, such other venue). Each Raffle Ticket purchased will be considered one (1) entry into the Raffle. The running total from Raffle Ticket sales will be periodically displayed and/or announced at the Event. A Participant may purchase as many Raffle Tickets as s/he wishes. All Raffle Ticket purchases must be made during the applicable Raffle Period. Raffle Tickets are not eligible for any past or future Raffle drawing. All purchases of Raffle Ticket(s) are printed and entered into a drum for a manual drawing of the winning ticket. None of the Released Parties (defined below) are liable for any lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undelivered, or destroyed Raffle Tickets regardless of cause or the person responsible, including, but not limited to, any problem or technical malfunction of any computer, online system or server or other technical problem. No refunds will be made except as otherwise determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- PRICING: The purchase cost of a Raffle Ticket will be established by Sponsor prior to the beginning of the Raffle Period and will be communicated at the time of purchase and in the Raffle promotions. The pricing for the Raffle Tickets may vary based upon the quantity of Raffle Tickets purchased. The pricing for the Raffle Tickets may vary from one Event to the next. The pricing and purchase options made available during an Event shall be uniformly applied and will not vary by seller or purchaser, except as otherwise noted in the following sentence. For the first Event, the Cleveland Browns preseason game against the Washington Redskins on 8/8/19, the Raffle Ticket pricing will be as follows:
- When purchasing in person from a seller, pricing will be five (5) Raffle Tickets for $10.00; Twenty (20) Raffle Tickets for $20.00 and Eighty (80) Raffle Tickets for $40.00;
- When purchasing from the Browns official mobile app, pricing will be five (5) Raffle Tickets for $10.00; Twenty (20) Raffle Tickets for $20.00 and One-Hundred (100) Raffle Tickets for $40.00; and Three-Hundred Raffle Tickets for $100.
- WINNER SELECTION: After the conclusion of each Raffle Period and prior to the to the completion of the Event, the winning Raffle Ticket number (the “Winning Number”) will be selected at random from among all eligible Raffle Tickets purchased during the Raffle Period. For an Event that is a Cleveland Browns home game, the Winning Number will be selected late in the fourth quarter. In the event of a weather delay or postponement of an Event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, modify any pre-determined schedule with respect to the Raffle Period and/or the drawing. All drawings will be conducted by Sponsor in collaboration with Shoes and Clothes for Kids, whose decision is final and binding.
- WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: Shortly following the conclusion of the Event, the selected Winning Number will be posted on Twitter from the @Browns account, within the Cleveland Browns Mobile app, and on clevelandbrowns.com/raffle for a minimum of thirty (30) days following the Event. For an Event that is a Cleveland Browns home game, the Winning Number may be displayed on the scoreboard and announced over the PA system in the Stadium and may be requested from guest services personnel, Cleveland Browns staff members, and Raffle Ticket sellers.
- PRIZE: The Participant that purchased the Raffle Ticket with the corresponding Winning Number (a "Prize Claimant") will receive fifty percent (50%) of the net proceeds of the Raffle (the "Prize"). (The net proceeds are those total monies collected from Raffle Ticket sales for the applicable Raffle Period minus (i) any expenses incurred in the operation of the Raffle and (ii) up to $200 of any discrepancy between the cash ticket sales reported and the cash actually collected for the Raffle).
- CLAIMING A PRIZE: Prize Claimant need not be present at the time of the drawing to win. To claim the Prize, the Prize Claimant must notify Sponsor within thirty (30) days of the announcement of the winning number by calling (440) 891-5000 or emailing 5050Raffle@clevelandbrowns.com and following the instructions given. The valid and authentic winning Raffle Ticket (the “Winning Ticket”), government-issued photo identification and/or similar documentation may be required to redeem the prize. The Prize Claimant may be required to show proof of purchase of the Winning Ticket. The Winning Ticket is the only valid receipt for claiming a Prize. Each Prize Claimant must provide Sponsor with all information required to claim the Prize (including tax identification information). The Prize Claimant will receive an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability/Publicity Release ("Affidavit") in the form approved by Sponsor which must be executed and returned to Sponsor prior to receipt of the Prize. In the event a Prize Claimant: (a) does not notify Sponsor within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of the applicable Raffle Period; (b) is ruled ineligible; (c) refuses the Prize; (d) does not return an executed Affidavit; or (e) has won the Cleveland Browns 50/50 Raffle in the past 365 days, the Prize will be forfeited and will be retained by Sponsor. Sponsor has no obligation to contact potential winners. All prizes will be delivered via check within thirty (30) days of the Prize Claimant delivering the winning Raffle Ticket, executed Affidavit, and all other required documents to Sponsor. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the Prize winners. Unclaimed winnings will be retained by Sponsor.
- ODDS: Odds of winning are based on the total number of Raffle Tickets purchased in each Raffle Period.
- TAXES: Each Participant acknowledges that they have been informed that the IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of a Raffle Ticket does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution. The Prize winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, fees and other government assessments on the awarded Prize. Furthermore, each Prize winner acknowledges that federal law requires that a tax withholding on certain prize values must be collected from winners upon award or distribution. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time each Prize is claimed will be followed. Winners of prizes over $600 will receive from Sponsor a W-2G form or such other form(s) as required by applicable law. Taxes will be withheld in accordance with IRS and State of Ohio guidelines.
- TRANSFER OF RAFFLE TICKET: Raffle Tickets may not be resold or transferred to any other party or copied or otherwise duplicated. Any Raffle Ticket which has been resold, transferred, copied or otherwise duplicated shall be void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, duplicate, or receive a Raffle Ticket in violation of these Official Rules shall be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win a Prize, and may be deemed ineligible to participate in future Raffles.
- PARTICIPANT'S GRANT OF LICENSE: By participating in the Raffle or accepting a Prize, each Participant hereby irrevocably and perpetually grants to Sponsor and its designees a worldwide license to use, publish, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute and publicly display any images or likenesses of the Participant (collectively, the "Images"), in any form, media or content which now or hereafter exists, for advertising, promotional or any other commercial purposes as well as non-commercial purposes. Each Participant waives any compensation for any use of such Images. Each Participant hereby releases and waives any claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities and causes of action arising from Sponsor’s, or its designee's, uses of the Images, including, without limitation, any claims for defamation, libel, invasion of privacy, publicity, personality, or exploitation of the Participant's name or likeness.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY: By participating in the Raffle, the Participant, on Participant's behalf and on behalf of the Participant's spouse; assigns; guardians; administrators; executors and legal representatives, hereby releases, waives, discharges, covenants not to sue, and indemnifies Sponsor; Club; Shoes and Clothes for Kids; Get 2 School, Stay in the Game!, Bump Worldwide Inc., the National Football League and its member professional football clubs; together with each of their respective past, present or future predecessors; successors; assigns; direct or indirect subsidiaries; affiliates; related entities and persons; owners; and each of their respective shareholders; members; partners; trustees; directors; principals; managers; employees; volunteers; agents; consultants; contractors (including the Sponsor’s service provider for the Raffle, Bump Worldwide Inc.); representatives; sponsors; and insurers (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any claim or loss arising out of or related to the Participant's participation in the Raffle, acceptance of the Prize, or any exercise by Sponsor of any of its rights set forth herein or the Official Rules of the Raffle, including, but not limited to, any claims related to (i) any injury to the Participant or the Participant's property that occurs in connection with participation in the Raffle, receiving the Prize or any related activities, (ii) any failure to report and pay any income taxes arising from acceptance of the Prize, (iii) any lost, stolen or duplicated Raffle Ticket, (iv) the use of any of the systems or technologies in conducting the Raffle; and (v) the Participant's acts or the acts of any other party with respect to the Participant's receipt of the Prize or participation in the Raffle, regardless of whether any such claims are caused in whole or in part by the negligence of any entity or person released hereunder.
- DISQUALIFICATION; CHANGES: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that (i) tampers or attempts to tamper or unduly interfere with the operation or integrity of the Raffle, (ii) resells, transfers, copies or otherwise duplicates a Raffle Ticket, (iii) violates the Official Rules, or (iv) acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Raffle or these Official Rules or disqualify any individual or Raffle Ticket for purposes of protecting the integrity of the Raffle or addressing changes in business operations or other circumstances, to the extent allowed under applicable law. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, APPLICATION, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGY OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE IS A VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND POTENTIALLY OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND PURSUE ANY OTHER REMEDIES THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE.
- SPONSOR; WINNERS LIST: The Sponsor of the Raffle is the Cleveland Browns Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization existing under the laws of the State of Ohio and a distinct legal entity from Cleveland Browns Football Company LLC and Cleveland Browns Stadium Company LLC, which own and operate the Cleveland Browns and Club’s facilities. To obtain a list of the Winning Numbers, please send a request to: Cleveland Browns Foundation Raffle, 76 Lou Groza Blvd., Berea, OH 44017, together with a stamped, self-addressed envelope. The Winning Numbers also will be posted on Twitter from the @Browns account, within the Cleveland Browns Mobile app, and on clevelandbrowns.com/raffle for a minimum of thirty (30) days following the Event.
 Typically Dawg Pound Drive, parking lots surrounding the Stadium and other areas of downtown Cleveland from which the capability to purchase Raffle Tickets from the Browns App has been enabled. The areas where Raffle Tickets may be purchased is, collectively, the “Designated Area”.
 The purchase of Raffle Tickets from the Browns App will only be available to those fans accessing the Browns App from the Designated Area.